If a mental health emergency occurs when the Counseling Center is closed:
- Call WCU Public Safety at 610-436-3311
- Call Valley Creek Crisis Center at 610-280-3270.
- They will dispatch a Mobile Crisis Unit to assist the student, conduct the assessment, and transport the student to the hospital, if deemed necessary.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line: Text START to 741-741
- A trained crisis counselor will receive the text and respond quickly. This service is not sponsored nor supported by the University; this is a free nationwide crisis text line for anyone to use. For additional information see http://www.crisistextline.org