Office of the AVP ofHealth and Wellness
Meet the Office of the AVP ofHealth & Wellness
Dr. B.K. Taylor
Dr. B.K. Taylor is the Assistant Vice President of Health and Wellness overseeing several departments that focus on the well-being of students. They oversee Wellness Promotion, Counseling Services, Student Recreation, Student Health Services, and the CARE Team. They are passionate about promoting health and wellness on campus and help students navigate the various resources available to them. In addition to their work, they enjoy spending time with their partner, as well as their two furry feline friends.
Lauren serves as the Assistant Director of Operations for Health & Wellness. She is responsible for supporting the Assistant Vice President for Health & Wellness in operationalizing four health and wellness departments and aids CARE Support Services as needed. She additionally helps students navigate course absences, getting students connected to campus resources, and working with faculty and students to understand University policies and processes. Lauren has past experience in Residence Life & Housing, Student Conduct, Title IX, and Victim Advocacy. In her free time, she enjoys riding her bicycle, traveling, and spending time with her friends and family. Lauren holds a B.A. in Communication Studies, M.A. in Student Affairs and Higher Education, and is currently pursuing her Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Policy, Planning, and Administration.
Kristin is a Case Manager for the CARE Team. She works in tandem with the CARE Team on campus to review and implement non- clinical interventions for students. Kristin loves being part of the WCU community and applies her knowledge and expertise in mental health services and case management to ensure that students have all the tools they need to succeed. Kristin is also available to consult with staff and faculty on CARE Team related matters. In her free time, she enjoys spending time outdoors either kayaking, hiking, or tending to her gardens. Kristin holds a B.S. in Human Services and is pursuing her Master’s in Public Administration.
Thomas serves as a Case Manager for the CARE Team. He works in tandem with the CARE Team on campus to review and implement non-clinical interventions for students. Thomas is also available to consult with staff and faculty on CARE Team related matters. Prior to starting at WCU, Thomas served as a social worker in the areas of Child Welfare and Substance Abuse. In his free time, Thomas enjoys hiking, spending time with friends, and watching sports. Thomas holds a B.S. in Social Work from the University of Maine and M.S. in Social Work from Temple University.
What's happening this month in Health and Wellness
WCU CARES Training
- Two - part series that is open to WCU faculty and staff to help participants gain
insight and understanding for helping someone experiencing suicidal thoughts.
- Part One: Wednesday, 10/11/23 1:00p-2:30p
- Part Two : Monday, 10/9/23 9:00a-10:30a or Thursday, 10/26/23 10:00a-11:30a
- Learn more and register on RamConnect!
Alcohol Education Mini Grant Funding
- Are you a student group or organization with interest in receiving funding to educate your members about dangerous and high risk alcohol use? Wellness Promotion is awarding up to $500 per mini-grant this year!
- Interested and want to learn more? Visit Wellness Promotion website for the application and how to apply!
Student Health and Wellness Advisory Council
- We are seeking students to join the Student Health and Wellness Advisory Council to serve as a liaison between the student body and the Health & Wellness unit in the Division of Student Affairs.
- Learn more and apply!
Not sure how to find information?