Location: SEC Commons, Second Floor
Hours: 9am-5pm (office hours)
Dining Services Website
All students residing in a North Campus residence hall must be on the University meal plan as a condition of occupancy. Students with medical issues who cannot meet this requirement may request a meal waiver. Please contact the Office of Residence Life and Housing Services directly for more information. Residents of the South Campus Apartments, The Village and East Village, and the College Arms Apartments, as well as off-campus and commuting students, may purchase any meal plan offered or dine in the Commons Dining Hall at the student casual meal rate. Additionally, all on-campus dining locations accept cash, credit cards (Visa and MasterCard), flex dollars, and Ram Bucks.
Weekly plans guarantee a set number of meals per week throughout the entire semester based on the chosen plan. The meal week runs from Saturday brunch through Friday late night. With these plans, the meal-plan holders can choose to use as many or as few of the meals they have every week. Any unused meals roll over into the next week's allotment throughout the semester. However, any unused meals that have accumulated at the end of the semester will be forfeited and will NOT roll over into the following semester.
Block plans guarantee a set number of meals for the entire semester based on the chosen plan. With these plans, the meal-plan holders can choose to use as many or as few of the meals they have over the course of the semester. Unused meals that have accumulated at the end of the semester will be forfeited and will NOT roll over into the following semester. Students may change their meal plan from semester to semester by going through their myWCU portal.
The following plans are available to all students and the cost for each plan includes flex dollars.
- The Ram Ultimate Meal Plan: includes unlimited access to the Commons Dining Hall and up to three Meal Cash Credit (MCC) swipes per day, as well as $250 in flex.
- The Gold Plan: includes 14 meals per week and $250 in flex.
- The Purple Plan: includes 10 meals per week and $300 in flex.
The following meal plans are only available to WCU students residing either off-campus or in the South Campus Apartments, The Village and East Village, or College Arms Apartments.
- Block 120 Plan: includes 120 meals per semester and $350 in flex.
- Block 75 Plan: includes 75 meals per semester and $350 in flex.
- Block 30 Plan: includes 30 meals per semester and $260 in flex.
- The Flex-Only Plan: A $150 minimum is required to open an account, and additional flex dollars can be added in $25 increments. Flex dollars will carry over from year to year but will be forfeited upon graduation or if the meal plan holder leaves the University.
- The Ultimate Plan provides the student with unlimited access in the Commons Dining Hall.
- Meal Cash Credit (or MCC) is a part of all plans so that students can get the full value of their meal plans while experiencing everything their dining membership has to offer. MCC is a $6.35 value that is used in place of a standard meal and applied toward the purchase cost of items in select retail locations. For example, if you go to Chickie’s & Pete’s and your total comes to $7.00, you can use an MCC (thus subtracting one meal from your allotted amount) and pay the remaining $0.65 from your flex dollars or other payment options. You can use up to two MCCs per transaction in select retail dining facilities. Certain products cannot be purchased with MCC (see the location for specifics).
- Rollover: We have two rollover programs for meal plans.
- Flex rollover: Any unused flex does roll over from semester to semester AND year to year. However, any flex remaining on a student's account will be forfeited upon graduation or if the meal plan holder leaves the University
- Meal Rollover: Any unused meals will rollover from week to week, but meals DO NOT carry over from semester to semester. Any unused meals remaining on the student's account at the end of the semester will be forfeited.
- All Meal Plans come with five guest meals per semester, which the student can use to treat someone to a meal at the Commons Dining Hall. Guest meals are not redeemable at any retail location and must be used in the semester they are assigned.
- Meals may be used in the following locations: Commons Dining Hall, Chickie’s & Pete’s, Rammy’s Market (on specific items), Clubhouse POD, Ram's Head Food Court – including Chick-fil-A (on specific items), Freshens, Eco Grounds, Juice’d Up, and POD Express locations in Main Hall and the E.O. Bull Center (on specific items). National branded concepts on campus other than Chick-fil-A (Starbucks, Einstein Bros. Bagels, and Twisted Taco) WILL NOT accept Meal Cash Credit, with the exception of a “meal deal” available at Einstein Bros. Bagels. All locations also accept cash, credit cards (Visa and MasterCard), flex dollars, and Ram Bucks. Students in North Campus residence halls have their meal plan cost included in their University bill. Students not selecting a plan will automatically be assigned the 14-meal plan. Off-campus, commuter, South Campus Apartments/The Village/East Village, and College Arms students can sign up for a meal plan by logging into MyWCU>Click on the Student Financials Tile>Select Dining/Meal Plan Link>Select Meal Plans. Any meal plan changes must be submitted online or to 202 Lawrence Center no later than 4pm on the Friday of the second week of the semester. After that deadline, the assistant dean of students must approve any change requests.
- Flex Dollars: If a student's flex dollars are running low, additional flex can be added to the student's account in $25 increments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The additional flex dollars charges will be added to the student bill and can be paid via QuikPay.
- Payment Options: All locations also accept cash, credit cards (Visa and MasterCard), flex dollars, and Ram Bucks. Students in North Campus residence halls have their meal plan cost included in their University bill
- Automatic Registration: Students who are living on North Campus who do not select a meal plan will automatically be assigned the 14-meal plan. (with the exception of students living in College Arms who are not required to have a meal plan)
- Off campus/commuter/apartment students: Off-campus, commuter, South Campus Apartments/The Village/East Village, and College Arms students are not required to have a meal plan, but if interested they can sign up for a any meal plan by applying through their My WCU portal.