Location: Lawrence Center, First Floor
Hours: 9am-5pm (office hours)
Dining Services Website
All students residing in a North Campus residence hall must be on the University meal
plan as a condition of occupancy. Students with medical issues who cannot meet this
requirement may request a meal waiver by contacting the Office of Residence Life and
Housing Services or set a meeting with the executive chef to develop a personalized
menu for the student based on his/her dietary needs. Please contact the Office of
Residence Life and Housing Services directly for more information. Residents of the
South Campus Apartment Complex, The Village and East Village, and the College Arms
Apartments, as well as off-campus and commuting students, may purchase any meal plan
offered or dine in the Lawrence Center Dining Hall at the student casual meal rate.
Additionally, all on-campus dining locations accept cash, credit cards (Visa and MasterCard),
flex dollars, and Ram Bucks.
All meal plans are weekly plans that guarantee a set number of meals per week throughout
the entire semester based on the chosen plan. The meal week runs from Saturday brunch
through Friday late night. With these plans, the meal-plan holders can choose to use
as many or as few of the meals they have every week. Any unused meals roll over into
the next week's allotment throughout the semester. However, any unused meals that
have accumulated at the end of the semester will be forfeited and will NOT roll over
into the following semester.
The following plans are available to all students and the cost for each plan includes
$250 in flex.
- The Ram Ultimate Meal Plan: includes unlimited access to Lawrence Dining Hall and up to three Meal Cash Credit
(MCC) swipes per day.
- The Gold Plan: includes 14 meals per week.
- The Purple Plan: includes 12 meals per week.
- The WCU Plan: includes 9 meals per week.
The following meal plans are only available to WCU students residing either off-campus,
in the South Campus Apartment Complex, The Village and East Village, or College Arms
- The Off-Campus Plan: includes 7 meals per week and $250 in flex.
- The Flex-Only Plan: A $100 minimum is required to open an account, and additional flex dollars can be
added in $25 increments. Flex dollars will carry over from year to year but will be
forfeited upon graduation or if the meal plan holder leaves the University.
- The Ultimate Plan provides the student with unlimited access in Lawrence Dining Hall.
- Meal Cash Credit (or MCC) is a part of all plans so that students can get the full value of their meal plans
while experiencing everything their dining membership has to offer. MCC is a $5.47
value that is used in place of a standard meal and applied toward the purchase cost
of items in all retail locations. For example, if you go to Starbucks and your total
comes to $5.70, you can use an MCC (thus subtracting one meal from your allotted amount)
and pay the remaining $0.23 from your flex dollars or other payment options. You can
use up to two MCCs per transaction in our retail dining facilities. Certain products
cannot be purchased with MCC (see the location for specifics).
- Rollover: We have two rollover programs for meal plans.
- Flex rollover: Any unused flex does roll over from semester to semester AND year to
year. However, any flex remaining on a student's account will be forfeited upon graduation
or if the meal plan holder leaves the University
- Meal Rollover: Any unused meals will rollover from week to week, but meals DO NOT
carry over from semester to semester. Any unused meals remaining on the student's
account at the end of the semester will be forfeited.
- All Meal Plans come with five guest meals per semester, which the student can use
to treat someone to a meal at Lawrence Dining Hall. Guest meals are not redeemable
at any retail location and must be used in the semester they are assigned.
- If the student's flex dollars are running low, additional flex can be added to the
student's account in $25 increments by visiting the Bursar's Office at 25 University
Avenue, which accepts cash, check, or money orders.
- Meals may be used in the following locations: Lawrence Center Dining Hall, the Diner,
Einstein Bros. Bagels, Larry's Market (on specific items), Clubhouse POD, Ram's Head
Food Court (on specific items), POD Express locations in Main Hall, Sturzebecker Health
Sciences Center and the E.O. Bull Center (on specific items), and Starbucks (on specific
items). All locations also accept cash, credit cards (Visa and MasterCard), flex dollars,
and Ram Bucks. Students in North Campus residence halls have their meal plan cost
included in their University bill. Students not selecting a plan will automatically
be assigned the 14-meal plan. Off-campus, commuter, South Campus Apartment/The Village/East
Village, and College Arms students can sign up for a meal plan by applying at the
Bursar's Office at 25 University Avenue. Any meal plan changes must be submitted online or to 202 Lawrence Center no later
than 4pm on the Friday of the second week of the semester. After that deadline, the associate director of housing and dining administration
must approve any change requests.
Please see our website for more information on the meal plans, dining locations, a
list of meal zones, MCC, hours of operation and frequently asked questions.
View More Academic Services