West Chester University
West Chester, PA 19383
The Center for Women and Gender Equity promotes a campus culture and climate that supports principles of social justice, equity, inclusion, and community. We advocate for a campus community that values the safety, equality, and intellectual advancement of women and historically marginalized groups at West Chester University.
The Center for Women and Gender Equity provides education, resources, and advocacy primarily on gender-related issues. We facilitate, sustain, and advance dialogue about how gender intersects with race, ethnicity, class, sexual identity, ability, age, and nationality.
Our mission is accomplished through:
• Educational programs that address a wide range of social justice issues that affect
the success, well-being, and empowerment of women.
• Special events, workshops, and trainings that promote awareness of the ways in which gender bias intersects with racism, classism, homophobia, and other forms of oppression.
• Leadership opportunities that build confidence and provide skills to enhance the personal and professional growth of women.
• Coordinating campus wide violence prevention initiatives, including programming designed to engage men as allies in violence prevention.
• Building allies and partners-in-movement through programming focused on healthier forms of masculinity and the ways in which gender impacts our everyday lives.
• Confidential support and referrals for students experiencing sexual misconduct.
• Information and referrals about issues that disproportionately impact women.
• Advocating for systemic changes that support women and historically marginalized groups.