Center for Women and Gender Equity (CWGE)
- Location: 214 Lawrence Center
- Phone: 610-436-2122
- Hours: Monday-Friday: 8am-4pm
In collaboration with West Chester University students, faculty and staff, the Center for Women and Gender Equity actively promotes and advocates for a campus community that values the safety, equality, and intellectual advancement of women and other historically marginalized groups.
Our mission is accomplished through:
• Facilitating co-curricular initiatives that address a wide range of issues that
affect the success and well-being of women
• Offering opportunities to examine the ways in which gender-based oppression intersects with other forms of systemic oppression
• Identifying and facilitating leadership opportunities that provide skills that enhance the personal and professional development of women
• Coordinating campus wide violence prevention initiatives designed to engage all members of the University community
• Engaging allies through programming focused on exploring concepts of healthy masculinity.
• Building partners-in-movement through programming that supports and engages with other historically marginalized groups Providing referrals and support to campus and community partners on issues that disproportionately impact women
• Advocating for systemic changes that support women and other historically marginalized groups