Off-Campus and Commuter Services
- Location: 238 Sykes Union
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours: Monday-Friday: 8am-4:30pm
West Chester University’s Department of Off Campus and Commuter Services (OCCS) ensures equitable access to co-curricular experiences, leadership opportunities, and institutional resources designed to assist off campus and commuter students regardless of place of residence..
West Chester University’s Department of Off Campus and Commuter Services’ (OCCS) vision is to foster an inclusive environment and connect off campus and commuter students with the university and the larger West Chester area community.
• Accessibility and Equity : We value the right to programs, services, and engagement opportunities regardless of place of residence.
• Active Citizenship : We value making a positive difference and caring about our community and the places in which we live.
• Community Partnership : We value mutually beneficial partnerships both within the campus community and the larger West Chester area to accomplish shared goals.
The Department of Off Campus and Commuter Services (OCCS) recognizes the values statement
of West Chester University and its Division of Student Affairs.
Services provided for students include but are not limited to:
1. Information about finding off campus housing
2. Listings of available student housing options at offcampushousing.wcupa.edu
3. How to successfully move and live off campus courses
4. Information regarding transportation and parking services
5. Support of free Student Legal Aid
6. Campus and community events
Additionally, this office serves as a community resource agent for the University and local government in areas related to off campus and commuting students. . OCCS advises the Off-Campus and Commuter Association (OCCA), a student organization that is dedicated to meeting the needs of those living off campus. Services provided by that organization include weekly meetings, free legal aid service, social activities, and representation on campus committees.