Sheri Russel Accounts Receivable Manager
25 University Ave, Suite 50
West Chester, PA 19383
Perkins Loan Program
UPDATE November 2022
The Perkins Loan program has been liquidated and the Department of Education has taken over all loans that were in current repayment, forbearance or deferment, as well as the collection of defaulted loans. All loan holders will be contacted directly regarding this matter. All correspondence regarding these loans and their status is with the Dept of Ed only, eliminating the relationship with West Chester University on these loans by July 1, 2022.
Perkins Loan Liquidated Status
This means that the loan is no longer owned or maintained by West Chester University and the ownership of the debt is now the Department of Education. The borrower will now work with the Department of Education on repayment, deferment, forbearance or consolidation.
Nursing Loan Program
- A Nursing Loan Exit Interview is required prior to graduation or if your enrollment drops below half time.
- Complete your interview at: Heartland/ECSI.net
- Repayment begins 9 months after graduation or if your enrollment drops below half time. Your monthly payment will vary based on your original loan amount and repayment period (up to 10 years).
- If your payment is missed, late or less than the required amount, you may be charged a late fee and any collection costs. Late charges accrue until your payments are current.
- WCU collaborates with ECSI (1-800-334-8609) for billing and repayment of Nursing Loans. On-line payments can be made at: Heartland/ECSI.net
- All information regarding Nursing Loan disbursement and repayment is reported to a national credit bureau.
- If you are temporarily unable to meet your repayment schedule, you may qualify for a deferment or forbearance to delay payments on your Nursing loan.
- To receive a deferment, you must apply through WCU. Please contact Sheri Russel at 610-436-2718.
- If you qualify for a deferment, no payments are necessary and no interest accrues during that period.
- If you do not qualify for a deferment, you may be granted forbearance for a specific period of time. During forbearance, your payments are postponed or reduced; however, interest continues to accrue.
- Forbearance may be granted in 6 to 12 month intervals for up to three years. You must apply in writing for forbearance through WCU or Hearland/ECSI.net. Supporting documentation is required.
- You must continue making scheduled payments until you are notified that deferment or forbearance has been granted.
Certain circumstances might lead to your loan being forgiven, cancelled or discharged. For more information go to forgiveness cancellation.