Service is provided from 7:15 a.m. - 2:15 a.m.
- The All Stops bus will run from 7:15 a.m. - 2:15 a.m.
The SHSC Express bus will run during the peak hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Starting at various locations; Church Street (Stop #1), Wayne Hall (Stop #2), S lot
(Stop #12), SHSC (Stops #3), Q lot (Stop #10), Village Clubhouse (Stop #8), East
Village (Stop # 7), South Campus Apartments (Stops #5 & #6), The Village (Stop #9),
and the Village Clubhouse (Stop #8), and Commonwealth Hall (Stop #14).
- Upon request the bus will stop at R lot (Stop #11) when the R lot call light is on, the Newman Center, and the Student Recreation Center (Stop #15).
- During evening hours the bus may make additional stops upon request at the South Campus
Apartments, The Village, New Street & Trinity Drive, and Sharpless & Church Street.
- During peak hours 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. the loop takes 30 minutes which provides service
every 6 minutes.
From 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. service is provided every 8-11 minutes.
From 8:00 p.m. – 2:15 a.m. service is provided every 15 minutes.
On Fridays evenings, service is every 15 minutes from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., then
every 30 minutes until 2:15 a.m.
The Q LOT Express bus will run from 7:15 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Bus Stops: Starting at Church Street; Church Street (Stop #1), Wayne Hall (Stop #2),
SHSC (Stop #4) and Commonwealth (Stop #14).
- Upon request the bus will stop at S lot (Stop #12) and SHSC (Stop #3).
- Bus Stops: Starting at Q lot and Wayne Hall; Q lot (Stop #10), the Village Clubhouse
(Stop #8), S lot (Stop #12), and Wayne Hall (Stop #2).
- Service frequency is every 10 minutes.
Service is provided every 25 minutes from 10:00 a.m. – 2:15 a.m. using the All Stops bus (1) route. The bus starts at the Church Street bus stop and ends at the South
Service is provided on a modified schedule using the All Stops bus route.
- December Exams
- On Tuesday through Thursday service is provided every 10 minutes from 7:15 a.m. –
4:00 p.m. and every 15 minutes from 4:00 p.m. – 2:15 a.m.
- On Friday service is provided every 15 minutes from 7:15 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. and every
20 minutes from 8:30 p.m. – 2:15 a.m.
- On Saturday service is provided every 25 minutes from 7:15 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- There will be 6 buses from 7:15 AM - 8 PM and 2 buses from 8 PM - 2:15 AM on Tuesday
(5/7) through Friday (5/10) during Finals.
- On Saturday (5/11) there will be 2 buses from 7:15 AM - 8:30 PM and 1 bus from 8:30
PM - 11:00 PM.
- For questions, contact us a Shuttle@wcupa.edu or call 610-436-1053.
- Service is not provided on weekdays when the university is closed except on Labor
Day and Martin Luther King Day. Modified service is provided every 25 minutes from
10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and every 20 minutes from 6:00 p.m. – 2:15 a.m. using the All Stops route.
- Each Friday before Fall Break and Spring Break, service will end at 7:00 p.m. and resume on Sunday following the break.
- Service is provided weekdays while classes are in session, every 25 minutes from 7:30
a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Bus stops: Starting at The Village Club House; The Village Club House and Wayne Hall.
- Service is provided during sessions I and II only. Hours are Monday-Thursday (plus Friday exam days) every 20
minutes from 7:40-10:40 and 12:40-3:40 using the All Stops bus route.
NOTE: No service will be provided for Summer Session III.
- The East Campus Loop bus will run from 7:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
A university shuttle bus will transport students, faculty, or staff from Church Street
to the Exton Train Station Monday through Friday while classes are in session January
22, 2019 through May 10, 2019. Two-way service is available and a reservation is not
At the Exton Train Station, the bus will be waiting on the outbound side in the handicap area of the parking lot. Look for a small, yellow school bus with
a sign in the window "Exton Train Station to West Chester University". At the University,
the bus will be waiting at the Church Street bus stop.
The driver is required to adhere to the schedule so that all trains can be met. Once
the Shuttle has left, passengers will have to wait for the next Shuttle. Passengers
should plan accordingly. In the event that alternate means of transportation is necessary,
the University will not be responsible for the cost.
* Please be advised that a crosswalk is not available to cross the highway between
the train station and the SEPTA Route 92 bus stop.
Monday-Friday Schedule Two-way service is available unless noted.
- Exton Station Departure:
- 8:05 a.m.
- 8:45 a.m.
- 9:45 a.m.
- 3:15 p.m.
- WCU Departure:
- 8:25 a.m.
- 9:05 a.m.
- 10:05 a.m. (1 way only)
- 5:10p.m. (1 way only)
- Exton Station Arrival:
- 8:45 a.m.
- 9:25 a.m.
- 10:25 a.m.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Transportation Office at 610-436-1053 or 610-436-2442 between
the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Transportation not Sponsored by WCU
- Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA)
- Route 104 - West Chester University to 69th Street Transportation Center
- S. Church Street SEPTA Bus Shelter
- Route 92 - Exton to King of Prussia
- S. High Street SEPTA bus stops
- SEPTA Paoli /Thorndale Regional Rail Line (Exton Train Station)
- WCU Exton Shuttle or SEPTA Route 92 ('To Exton')
- AMTRAK at Exton Station
Please be advised that a crosswalk is not available to cross the highway between the
train station and the SEPTA Route 92 bus stop.
Please contact the Transportation Department @ 610-436-1053 or 610-436-2442 if you
need transportation to the Nursing Center for class.
Effective September 4, 2018 through December 14, 2018 and January 22, 2019 through
May 10, 2019
NOTE: The Uptown Loop will NOT be available during the 'Winter Session.'
A University shuttle will transport passengers from North Campus to several residential
and commercial locations in West Chester Borough including the Chester County Hospital
and the Bradford Plaza Shopping Center. Service is available Monday through Friday
while classes are in session. The first departure is from the Church Street bus stop
at 6:45 a.m. The bus makes a final loop from the Church Street bus stop at 10:15 p.m.
Passengers are required to show their Ram e Card to board the bus.
Look for the mini bus with the “Uptown Loop” sign in the window. The bus is equipped
with a wheelchair lift so it is not necessary to register via the Accessible Shuttle
Contact the Transportation office at 610-436-1053 or 610-436-2442 for assistance.
Our email address is
West Chester University provides an Accessible Bus for transportation around campus
for people with mobility impairments. Students may utilize this bus whether their
mobility issues are permanent or temporary.
- Bus is equipped with a wheelchair lift
- Transportation is provided to and from most campus buildings and parking lots
- Off campus locations cannot be accommodated
- Service is available during the same hours as the fixed route shuttle buses
In order to qualify for this service, contact the Office of Services for Students
with Disabilities at 610-436-3217 in Lawrence 223 or the Student Health Center at 610-436-2509 in
Wayne Hall. Either office can grant eligibility for the bus.
- Once eligible, riders can login to the system using their current WCU username and
- Ride requests can be either be Recurring (for regularly scheduled classes over a period
of time) or One Time (for a specific purpose)
- Requests must be made at least 24 hours in advance
- The Transportation office will notify the requester with confirmation
- All riders must read the Accessible Bus Policy
Further information is available in the FAQs. Contact the Transportation office at or 610-436-2442 for assistance or