Back to top of page.
How to choose the right conversational partner for you:
- Go to the WCU Writing Center home page and click make an appointment
- From there you can click on appointment times with tutors to read their bios
- Do you have things in common?
- Do they share your interests?
- Choose a time that is convenient for you with a person you are interested in having
a conversation with
What to bring to your first session with a conversational partner:
- An idea of what you want to talk about
- Common interests you share with your conversational partner
- Things to do in town
- Advice on places to go/things to do
You can continue to explore/build connections by meeting with the same conversational
partner or scheduling sessions with new partners until you find the right fit for
Maintaining a partnership:
- Once you've built a connection with a conversational partner, you can begin making
regularly scheduled visits that are convenient for both of your schedules.
- If your partner is comfortable with doing so, you can schedule times to meet outside
of the Writing Center.