Mission:The mission of the Faculty Senate at West Chester Universityis to ensure classroom and non-classroom faculty involvement in the shared governance of the institution. A forum for advocating and evaluating institutional policy and related matters affecting the welfare of the University, the Faculty Senate is committed to fostering a climate that promotes the growth and development of faculty and students.
Areas of Impact
Serving as a conduit for various campus-wide offices to reach faculty.
- Recent guests at Faculty Senate meetings have included: John Villella, Vice President for University Affairs and Chief of Staff; Bradley Flamm, Director of the Office of Sustainability; Lisa Marano, Mathematics, and Dr. Shannon Mrkich, English, First-Year Experience; Tracey Ray, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer; Christine Moriconi, Associate Professor of Nursing, Center for Contemplative Studies; Nicole Bennett, Vice Provost for Research and Creative Activity; Judy Kawamoto, Assistant VP of Student Development, and Dr. Tabetha Adkins, Dean of University College, First-Generation Students
- Future guests include: President Christopher Fiorentino.
Participation in various major administrative searches on campus.
- Vice President for Information Technology search; Vice Provost for Research and Creative Activities search.
Serving as a forum and clearinghouse for issues affecting faculty on campus.
- Campus administrative position appointments, research, parking.
Advocating for and supporting diversity and positive campus climate.
- Advocated for greater staff supporting diversity on campus.
- Senate liaisons with the following organizations on campus: Multicultural Faculty Commission; LGBTQA; Faculty Mentoring Committee; New Faculty Orientation, among others.
Promoting transparency, inclusion, and shared governance.
- Faculty Senate Executive Committee members regularly meet with WCU President and other administrators
Please contact any member of the Executive Committee with suggestions, topics, or questions.
Welcome to the 2020-2021 academic year! Senate meetings this year will be held via Zoom (link will be shared with all WCU faculty prior to the meeting). All full and part-time WCU faculty are welcome to attend meetings.
All Meetings take place 3:00-5:00pm
Friday, September 25, 2020
Friday, October 30, 2020
Friday, December 4, 2020
Friday, February 12, 2021
Friday, March 26, 2021
Friday, April 30, 2021