Office: UNA 172
- B.S. University of Bucharest
- M.S. University of Bucharest
- Ph.D. Pennsylvania State University
- dynamical systems, rigidity of smooth group actions, ergodic theory
- extremal algebras
- operator algebras
- August 2010 - present: Professor, West Chester University, West Chester
- August 2006 - August 2010: Associate Professor, West Chester University, West Chester
- August 2006 - December 2006: Visiting Associate Professor, Pennsylvania State University, University Park
- August 2001 - August 2006: Assistant Professor, West Chester University, West Chester
- August 1998 - August 2001: Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Notre Dame, South Bend
- August 1997 - August 1998: Postdoctoral Fellow, Pennsylvania State University, University Park
- August 1995 - August 1997: Visiting Assistant Professor, Indiana University, Bloomington
- August 1990 - August 1995: Teaching Assistant, Pennsylvania State University, University Park
- (with D. Ehrmann, Z. Higgins) The geometric structure of max-plus hemispaces, Linear Algebra and its Applications, 489 (2016) pp. 144-166
- Every tiling of the first quadrant by L n-ominoes follows the rectangular pattern, Open Journal of Discrete Mathematics, 5 (2015) 11-25.
- (with K. Lui, S. Venkatesh), The semigroup problem for central semidirect product of R^n with R^m, Topology Proceedings 45 (2015) 9—29.
- (with S. Sergeev), The tropical dimension of max-min convex sets, Fuzzy Sets and Systems 271(2015) 81—101.
- (with A. Torok), Stable transitivity of Heisenberg group extensions of hyperbolic systems, Nonlinearity 27 (2014) 661–-683.
- About the semigroup problem, 48-th Spring Topology and Dynamics Conference, University of Richmond, Richmond Virginia, March 2014
- Open transitivity for Heisenberg group extensions, American Mathematical Society, Spring Central Sectional Meeting, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, April 2014
- Stable transitivity of Heisenberg group extensions of hyperbolic systems, Recent Progress in Dynamical Systems and Related Topics, Banff International Research Station for Mathematical Innovation and Discovery (BIRS), Canada, August 2014
- June 1999 - June 2002: NSF Grant DMS99-71826
- June 2005 - June 2008: NSF Grant DMS05-05539
- Simons Foundation Collaboration Grant 208729 2011-2016