- B.S. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- M.S. University of Michigan
- Ph.D. University of Michigan
- Analytic Number Theory
- Diophantine Problems
- Professor of Mathematics, West Chester University (2014—present)
- Associate Professor of Mathematics, West Chester University (2009—2014)
- Associate Professor of Mathematics, Butler University (2008—2010; on leave AY 2009-10)
- Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Butler University (2004—2008)
- NSF Postdoctoral Fellow, Penn State University (2001—2004)
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University (1999—2001)
- J. Brandes and S. T. Parsell, Simultaneous additive equations: Repeated and differing degrees, Canad. Math. J. 69 (2017), 258—283.
- S. T. Parsell, S. M. Prendiville, and T. D. Wooley, Near-optimal mean value estimates for multidimensional Weyl sums, Geom. Funct. Anal. 23 (2013), 1962--2024.
- S. T. Parsell, On the Bombieri-Korobov estimate for Weyl sums, Acta Arith. 138 (2009), 363--372.
- S. T. Parsell, A generalization of Vinogradov's mean value theorem, Proc. London Math. Soc. (3) 91(2005), 1--32.
- S. T. Parsell, Multiple exponential sums over smooth numbers, J. Reine Angew. Math. 532 (2001), 47--104.
- Efficient congruencing for multidimensional Weyl sums, Conference on Analytic Methods for Diophantine Problems, University of Goettingen (invited), June 5, 2012.
- Exceptional sets for Diophantine Inequalities, AMS Eastern Sectional Meeting--University Park, PA, Special Session on Analytic Number Theory (invited), October 24, 2009.
- New estimates for multidimensional Weyl sums, Mathematisches Forschungsinstitut Oberwolfach, Workshop on Analytic Number Theory (invited), March 11, 2008.
- Fast bounds on the distribution of smooth numbers, Canadian Number Theory Association IX Meeting (Vancouver, BC), July 10, 2006.
- Pairs of additive equations, Millennial Conference on Number Theory (Urbana, IL), May 23, 2000.
- National Security Agency Standard Research Grants (2011-2013 and 2013-2015)
- National Security Agency Young Investigator Grant (2008-2010)