Jiatian (Justin) Xu
Office: UNA 111
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
- M.S. in Actuarial Science, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
- M.A. in Economics, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, Chengdu, China
- Dynamic financial planning model
- MCMC process
- Predictive modeling
- Financial mathematics and quantitative finance
- August 2018 to May 2020: The Goldenson Center for Actuarial Research, Assistant Director
- August 2018 to May 2020: University of Connecticut, Visiting Assistant Professor
- August 2020 to present: West Chester University, Assistant Professor
- Jiatian Xu (September, 2014). National Retirement Sustainability Index - A Paradigm Shift for Measuring Retirement Preparedness. Presentation at the Goldenson Center Advisory Board Meeting. Storrs, CT.
- Jiatian Xu (June, 2015). Individual Life Time Financial Planning Model. Presentation at MassMutual. Springfield, MA.
- Jiatian Xu (September, 2016). R Application in Dynamic Retirement Financial Planning Model. Presentation at Ash Brokerage, LLC. Fort Wayne, IN.
- Jiatian Xu (September, 2019). Modeling Early Duration and Second-to-Die Mortality Claims - An AI Application in Actuarial Science. Presentation at the Goldenson Center Advisory Board Meeting. Storrs, CT.
- Jiatian Xu (November, 2019). Dynamic Retirement Financial Planning Strategy – Eliminating the Probability of Ruin at Retirement. Presentation at Actuaries' Club of Hartford & Springfield (ACHS) Meeting. Hartford, CT
- Ph.D. Thesis: “Quantile Optimization in Stochastic Financial Planning Model”