- B.S. University of Science and Technology of China
- M.S. Ohio University
- Ph.D. University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- mathematical biology
- matched interface and boundary (MIB) methods for solving 3D interface problems with complex geometries,
- scientific (parallel) computing schemes development for solving partial differential equations (PDEs)
- Fall 2020 - present: Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics, West Chester University of Pennsylvania, West Chester, PA 19383
- 2015 - Fall 2020: Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics, West Chester University of Pennsylvania, West Chester, PA 19383
- 2014-2015: Post-doctoral fellowship in the Department of Mathematics, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487.
- 2011-2014: Research Associate in Computational Biophysics and Bioinformatics, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Clemson University, SC 29634
- Chuan Li, Marharyta Petukh, Lin Li, and Emil Alexov, Continuous development of schemes for parallel computing of the electrostatics in biological systems: Implementation in DelPhi. Journal of computational chemistry 34, no. 22 (2013): 1949-1960.
- Chuan Li, Lin Li, Marharyta Petukh, and Emil Alexov, Progress in developing Poisson-Boltzmann equation solvers. Molecular based mathematical biology 1 (2013): 42-62.
- Chuan Li, Lin Li, Jie Zhang, and Emil Alexov, Highly efficient and exact method for parallelization of grid‐based algorithms and its implementation in DelPhi. Journal of computational chemistry 33, no. 24 (2012): 1960-1966.
- Chuan Li, Vasilios Alexiades, and Jack W. Buchanan, Robustness of Action Potentials in Cardiac Myocytes. Proceedings of Dynamic Systems and Applications 6 (2012): 241-247.
- Chuan Li and Vasilios Alexiades, Comparison of time stepping schemes on the cable equation. Electronic J of Differential Equations 19 (2010): 189-196.
- Parabolic Interface Problems and Their Applications in Computational Biophysics, joint math colloquium at Millersville University and Franklin & Marshall College, Millersville University, Oct 01, 2015.
- Continuous development of a matched Alternative Direction Implicit (ADI) method for solving parabolic interface problems, SIAM-SEAS 2015, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Mar 20-22, 2015.
- Parallel computing of calculating electrostatic potential and energies for large macromolecules and complexes, SEARCDE 2013, University of Tennessee, Sep 21-22, 2013.
- Revealing the role of electrostatics in guiding long-range electron carriers, 246th ACS National Meeting, Indianapolis, Indiana, Sep 8-12, 2013.
- Parallelized DelPhi: A multi-processor Poisson- Boltzmann solver to calculate electrostatic energies of biological macromolecules, 244th American Chemical Society National Meeting & Exposition, Philadelphia PA, Aug 19-23, 2012.