The Office of Wellness Promotion (formerly Wellness Education) is an integral part of the Student Health Center. Our mission is to promote the life-long physical and emotional well-being of our students by providing strong, effective disease prevention, health promotion and educational services. We accept and support the National Wellness Institute definition of Wellness: Wellness is an active process through which people become aware of, and make choices towards, a more successful existence. Our initiatives include both community and individual approaches addressing multiple dimensions of wellness: physical, emotional, social, intellectual, occupational, and spiritual.
Student Peer Educator (Pay Band 1)
- Position Responsibilities:
- General Office
- Involves the following:
- This position will provide general assistance with:
- Helping the Office of Wellness Promotion to distribute Stall Seat restroom newsletters and department marketing materials on an ongoing basis and providing set up/clean up services at events and programs.
- Specific duties as they relate to this department:
- • Distribute Stall Seat restroom newsletters on a monthly basis. Assess current implementation structure and determine best distribution plan moving forward. • Distribute department marketing materials (fliers, posters, etc.) on an ongoing basis throughout campus. • Set up and tear down the department health hut on select dates, times and locations across campus in coordination with the Wellness Ambassadors. • Provide set up and tear down assistance at department events throughout the semester.
- Learning Outcomes:
- This experience will provide a student with work experience in a professional office and will enable them to take ownership over distribution of marketing materials and develop additional ideas for how materials can be disseminated. The student will work with the professional and paraprofessiona staff in the Office of Wellness Promotion and will be able to learn resources and materials provided by the department.