The Psychology Department of West Chester University seeks to advance the discipline of Psychology as an area of scholarly, professional, and scientific endeavor. Our primary focus is to provide a high quality, liberal-arts education. We actively engage in the discovery and dissemination of knowledge in the behavioral sciences and encourage research and scholarship by both the faculty and student body. We prepare students for a wide variety of career options, including those in teaching, research, and services delivery, many of which require graduate study beyond the baccalaureate. Our programs are designed to prepare students for lifelong education and participation in an increasingly diverse society.
Student Employee (Pay Band 1)
- Position Responsibilities:
- Customer Service, Data Input, General Office
- Involves the following:
• Handling cash, checks, or credit card transactions
• Being responsible for/or providing services to anyone under the age of 18
- This position will provide general assistance with:
- Supporting the needs of the department and 38 faculty.
- Specific duties as they relate to this department:
- Filing, stocking supply closet, copying, keeping library current, stocking copy paper, campus deliveries, etc.
- Learning Outcomes:
- The student would benefit by learning the general workings of an academic office. Specifically, how to plan and organize duties as assigned; ability to work well with others; how to effectively work with the public; how to be dependable (i.e. punctual, work steady and regular attendance). Responsibility, cool head, multi-tasking, office protocol, phone etiquette, etc.