Teaches literacy courses for students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate teacher preparation programs, reading minors, and graduate students pursuing an M.Ed. in Reading and Reading Specialist certification.
Student Employee (Pay Band 1)
- Position Responsibilities:
- Customer Relations, Customer Service, Data Input, General Office
- Involves the following:
• Confidential or sensitive data/information
• Handling cash, checks, or credit card transactions
• Handling financial, student or personnel data/records
- This position will provide general assistance with:
- Organizing, filing, shredding, copying, and scanning department materials; as well as keeping an eye on inventory levels of office supplies.
- Specific duties as they relate to this department:
- Duplicate materials as requested by the faculty, graduate assistants (GAs), and faculty; assemble and sort mailings for the department and building; help organize department files; create labels; run office errands across campus (e.g. library, accounts payable, bursar’s office, etc.); maintain department bulletin board; create basic Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, or other products for commonly used programs; input data into spreadsheets; bind department or course materials; apprise secretary, GAs, and faculty when tasks are completed and request additional assignments.
- Learning Outcomes:
- The person who successfully holds this position will learn to adhere to agreed-upon work schedule with regular attendance and promptness; communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, both orally and in writing; express needs and request assistance as needed; take direction, prioritize tasks, manage time, and organize work to complete assigned jobs accurately within set timelines; develop or strengthen team-building skills specific to a dynamic and collaborative office environment.