The Department of Athletics is responsible for the planning, coordination and management of the University's 24 NCAA varsity sports and nearly 600 varsity student-athletes competing at the NCAA Division II level.
Student Employee -Athletic Department Assistant (Pay Band 1)
- Position Responsibilities:
- Athletic, General Office
- Involves the following:
- This position will provide general assistance with:
- This position will provide overall support to the many teams, and functions of the Department of Athletics. Areas of responsibility will include general office work, assisting at home athletic contests, and providing support when needed to individual coaches, and department functions.
- Specific duties as they relate to this department:
- General office duties will include but not be limited to answering the phone, assisting visitors to the office, filing, bulk mailings. Assisting at home athletic events will include but not be limited to ticket taking, crowd management, serving as a ball person, etc. Event work will require evening and weekend hours. General support may include facility supervison, assisting department staff with special projects, working with the equipment and facilities staff etc.
- Learning Outcomes:
- This position will provide for a wide range of experiences within an intercollegiate athletics department. Skills that will be gained will include customer relations, interacting with students, faculty, staff, and administrators as well as the general public. Special project work will expose the student to value experiences and interactions beyond the classroom. Students interested in exploring a career in athletics will greatly benefit from this experience.