West Chester Area Day Care Center
The Office of Service-Learning and Volunteer Programs aims to promote and support service-learning courses and community service activities at West Chester University. Through the America Reads program, college students serve as academic enrichment mentors to children from 4 years old to 13 years old.clearances and Requirements include: physical stating you have no communicable diseases, negative TB test, criminal, child abuse and FBI clearances and 2 letters of reference.
Community Service America Reads Mentor (Pay Band 4)
- Position Responsibilities:
- Customer Relations, Customer Service, Office Ambassador, Student Mentor, Tutoring, Attending and participating in team meetings, reflections, and workshops. Clearances will be needed.
- Involves the following:
• Confidential or sensitive data/information
• Being responsible for/or providing services to anyone under the age of 18
- This position will provide general assistance with:
- Academic enrichment, homework assistance, and mentoring of children attending the West Chester Area Day Care Center.
- Specific duties as they relate to this department:
- Actively participate in team meetings, reflections, and workshops; engage at-risk youth in academically enriching activities (i.e. reading, math, homework, art, physical fitness activities, etc.); follow direction provided by partnering agency; other duties as assigned.
- Learning Outcomes:
- The Office of Service-Learning and Volunteer Programs is dedicated to fostering student growth. Students who work in our office learn how to be active citizens. They also have the opportunity to work with different non-profit agencies and to assist with community service projects. Students who are interested in social work, public service, psychology, education, and careers for the common good will gain valuable skills working with our office.