YMCA - Childcare Early Learning Center
The Office of Service-Learning and Volunteer Programs aims to promote and support service-learning courses and community service activities at West Chester University. Through the America Reads program, college students serve as academic enrichment mentors to children from Pre-K to K at the YMCA's Childcare Early Learning Center.
Community Service America Reads Mentor (Pay Band 4)
(610) 696-9622 ext 2810
- Position Responsibilities:
- Customer Relations, Customer Service, Office Ambassador, Student Mentor, Tutoring, Attending and participating in team meetings, reflections, and workshops. Clearances will be needed. Physical with TB test will need to be completed on a state Child Care Health Assessment Form.
- Involves the following:
• Confidential or sensitive data/information
• Being responsible for/or providing services to anyone under the age of 18
- This position will provide general assistance with:
- Academic enrichment, literacy development, and mentoring of children attending the YMCA's Early Childhood Learning Center.
- Specific duties as they relate to this department:
- Actively participate in team meetings, reflections, and workshops; engage at-risk youth in academically enriching activities (i.e. reading, math,art, physical fitness activities, etc.); follow direction provided by partnering agency; other duties as assigned.
- Learning Outcomes:
- The Office of Service-Learning and Volunteer Programs is dedicated to fostering student growth. Students who work in our office learn how to be active citizens. They also have the opportunity to work with different non-profit agencies and to assist with community service projects. Students who are interested in social work, public service, psychology, education, and careers for the common good will gain valuable skills working with our office.