Library - Serials/Acquisitions
Maintaining current periodicals and purchasing materials for the WCU students’ use.
FHG Library, Room #127
Student Assistant (Pay Band 1)
Supervisor Contact Information
- Position Responsibilities:
- Customer Relations, Library, Post Office, Public Relations
- Involves the following:
• Being responsible for/or providing services to anyone under the age of 18
- This position will provide general assistance with:
- Filing & assisting with ongoing and special projects.
- Specific duties as they relate to this department:
- Date stamping periodicals, opening mail, shelving current and bound periodicals in appropriate locations, shifting of materials, physical processing of incoming bound materials. GENERAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES DESIRED: Strong work ethic. Reliability is a must. Friendly. Great customer service attitude. Strong communication skills. Personable telephone and face to face manner. Computer comfort, knowledge and skills with Microsoft word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint is helpful. Ability to work with basic office equipment. Enthusiastic and positive attitude. Ability to be organized and pay attention to detail. Be mature. Attentive listener. Ability to complete goals and task assigned. Ability to work with minimum supervision. Open to suggestions and growth.
- Learning Outcomes:
- We feel this position provides a good introduction to a work environment which they may encounter in the future.