Art and Design Department
Department of Art & Design
E.O. Bull center for the Arts
Lab Assistant (Pay Band 1)
Supervisor Contact Information
- Position Responsibilities:
- Digital Media Technology, Lab Monitor
- Involves the following:
- This position will provide general assistance with:
- Overseeing the the graphic design labs for open lab hours. Assistance will be provided to facult and students on a case by case need.
- Specific duties as they relate to this department:
- - Ask each student to present their ID and direct students to sign in – we need to keep track of all students using the lab - Assist students with use of computer programs, scanners, etc. Not sure about using something? Ask one of the professors. - Enforce the No Food or Beverages Rule – No Exceptions. - Do not allow students to use the tabletop for cutting. - Refer students to the Protocol and Procedures document if they have questions. - If an emergency will keep you from your commitment to lab hours notify Laurie Moran (x2872) or one of the professors ASAP so we can post a note in the lab as well as on D2L. - Remind students to work on desktop, but then save to their portable media. - Lost and Found items – Flash Drives, sketch books, etc - post a note by door and give item to Laurie Moran, room 133 - Notify Peggy Hill or Belinda Haikes if equipment or programs are not working. KEEP THE LAB CLEAN - Monitors – Use wipes provided. - Keyboards – apply cleaner to paper towels and wipes keyboard. - Countertops - clean with Windex; discard papers and other trash. - Clear off all computer desktops – drag all documents and folders (other than the HD) to the Trash, then select Empty Trash. ON REQUEST - Faculty need to have images – both slides and flat copy scanned. If a faculty member requests to have either of these done this should be a top priority. If you need assistance using the slide scanner see Professor Rumfield,
- Learning Outcomes:
- The student will be learing valuable computer skills in the mac lab. Leadership skills will be part of the experience. The student will develop an understanding of software and specilised mac applications. This will all be incorporated in the support of other students using the lab for open sessions.