The Women's Center promotes a campus community that values the safety, equality, and intellectual advancement of women at West Chester University. The Women's Center serves the diverse needs of WCU women identified people and their male allies. We provide: Confidential support, assistance, and safe space for WCU women in crisis. Educational programs that address a wide range of social justice issues that affect the success, well-being, and empowerment of women worldwide. Leadership and volunteer opportunities for women that build confidence and enhance career goals. Information and referrals about issues that disproportionately impact women, such as sexual assault, relationship violence, sexual harassment, unplanned pregnancy, and disordered eating. Special events, workshops, and trainings that promote awareness of the ways in which gender bias intersects with racism, classism, homophobia, and other forms of oppression.
Student Employee Peer Educator (Pay Band 2-3) Requires interview
- Position Responsibilities:
- Customer Relations, General Office, Office Ambassador, Student Mentor, Web Design, Provide direct support and referrals to students visiting the Women's Center
- Involves the following:
• Confidential or sensitive data/information
- This position will provide general assistance with:
- The day to day operation of the Women's Center and staff of its events.
- Specific duties as they relate to this department:
- Women's Center Peer Educators provide staffing for the Women's Center and events, are responsible for creating education materials, implementing programs focused on gender equity, and providing one on one support to students who visit the center.
- Learning Outcomes:
- Students will learn the following professional skills while working at the women's center: time management, organization, e-mail etiquette, communication skills, working in a team. Students will also learn a great deal about gender equity issues and women's health. In addition, this is a good experience for Women's and Gender Studies majors.