Dept. of Art + Design Exhibits Made with Electricity Through Sept. 23
WCU’s Department of Art + Design presents the FREE public exhibit Made with Electricity: Process, Inspiration, and Finished Works by True Hand now through September 23 in Knauer Gallery, Swope Music Building and Performing Arts Center, 817 S. High Street, West Chester. Hours are Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. A student lecture will be held on September 13 at 5 p.m., followed by an opening reception.
The exhibit features the work of True Hand Society, one of Philadelphia’s leading brand and design agencies within the contemporary Fishtown design scene.
Associate Professor of Art and Curator David Jones says, “True Hand has developed dynamic, timeless creative for clients such as Love City Brewing, Barnet Fair, Reanimator Coffee, Lokal Hotel, 13th Street Kitchens, and many others. This exhibit showcases the energy, creativity, insight, passion, and process behind True Hand Society’s work.”
Additional exhibits this season include:
- Phil Jamison Retrospective, now – Oct 14, John H. Baker Gallery
- GAID Alumni Show, Oct 3 – Oct 28, Knauer Gallery
- Not the Brandywine Tradition, Oct 24 – Dec 9, John H. Baker Gallery
- WWII Poster Show, Nov 7 – Dec 29, Knauer Gallery
- Tiny Pricks Project, Mar 6 – April 10, Knauer Gallery
- NASAD Show, Mar 7 – April 5, John H. Baker Gallery
- BFA Senior Show ’23, Apr 20 – May 15, John H. Baker and Knauer Galleries