Students should enroll in Direct Deposit for quicker access to funds and to eliminate lost or stolen checks.
Directions to enroll in Direct Deposit:
- Log into myWCU
- Scroll to the Student Financials section
- Click on the Refund Direct Deposit link
- Click on Manage Refunds link
- Follow the instructions. (Please note: Your required authentication code for enrollment will be sent to your WCU email or via Text.)
- Enter routing and account numbers from your current bank account when prompted
Troubling Shooting Tips
- Direct deposit enrollment works best with Google Chrome.
- Enable cookies on your device.
- Turn off pop-up blockers on your device.
- Enrollment in direct deposit refunds requires dual authentication. You will receive a code via your myWCU email or Text.
- During busy enrollment periods, it may take up to several minutes for the code to be sent.
- Check your spam or junk email if you elected to receive your code via email and did not receive your code in your inbox.
- If you have made several unsuccessful attempts, please clear your browsing history and start over.
- The Financial Aid Office begins disbursements the week before the semester starts.
- Refunds are processed throughout the semester, beginning the Friday before the semester starts.
- Students will receive an email from the Bursar’s Office when their refund check is mailed.
- Students may check the availability of their refund via the Refund Status link on their myWCU.
- Refund checks are mailed to the home address on file. Please keep home address current.
Helpful Refund Links
Registrar Refund Schedule In Tuition & General Fee Refunds dropdown
- Students with excess financial aid may be eligible for a book voucher.
- Book vouchers may be obtained at the Bursar’s Office no earlier than the first day of the semester.
- WCU Book Vouchers are redeemable ONLY at the SSI Bookstore, located on the ground floor of Sykes Student Union on Rosedale Avenue.