International Graduate Students
West Chester University offers numerous master’s and doctoral programs for international students. In addition, WCU also offers an intensive English Language program (ELS) for those students seeking a conditional admission.
International Application Deadlines:
- Fall: July 1
- Spring: December 11
- Summer: March 15
Application Procedure and Requirements
- International applicants are required to meet the standard admission requirements and applications requirements.
- In addition, some programs require additional credentials such as GRE/GMAT scores, resumes, and additional letters of recommendation ( see specific requirements for each program)
- All applications are submitted electronically. Apply online today
- There is a $50 application fee paid via application website.
- Applicants are required to submit evidence of English Language Proficiency. This may
be done through submission of TOEFL score (minimum of 80), IELTS academic test score (minimum of 6.5), Duolingo English Test (scores 105+), or completion of an English Language Service (ELS) program.
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English test scores are not required if you graduated from a U.S. Institution with a bachelor's degree and have provided WCU with an official copy of your transcript showing a degree has been awarded.
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English test scores are not required from those living in the following countries.
- ELS - an applicant must submit proof of completion of ELS level 112 (Intensive English for Academic Purposes)
- International transcripts are required to be evaluated. Please submit a course by course evaluation by either World Education Services or another member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services foreign educational credential evaluation services. An earned bachelor’s degree is required for admission into a master's program. A bachelor and master's degree, if applicable, are required for admission to a doctoral program. Degrees awarded must meet United States degree equivalency standards.
- If you require a student visa, please indicate this on the application form. If you are already in the United States, please supply a copy of your current visa. If you are currently attending another university on an I-20, you will need a new I-20 document for WCU (transfer).
- International students must be able to verify their ability to meet all educational and living expenses before a U.S. Immigration Form (I-20) can be issued by West Chester University. Detailed information on proof of financial support can be obtained through the Center for International Programs. This proof is not required until after formal acceptance.