DOWDY MULTICULTURAL CENTER
Updates for Spring 2020
Wherever you are, we want to be connected with you!
The Dowdy Multicultural Center is committed to supporting student success and promoting social justice, multicultural education and inclusivity.
Beginning March 30, the Dowdy Multicultural Center Staff is available via email, WCU Zoom appointment or over the phone. Let us know how we can serve and support you.
Dr. Dametraus Jaggers (Senior Director) | email: email@example.com | phone: (610)436-3260
Denice Velez (Associate Director) |email: firstname.lastname@example.org | phone: (610)436-2562
Briana Green (Assistant Director) |email: email@example.com | phone: (610)436-2505
Angela Garrett (Secretary) | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | phone: (610)436-0076
Stay Connected with DMC Social Media:
DMC Instagram: DowdyMC_WCU
DMC Twitter: DowdyMC_WCU
The Center Serves as a Home-Base for Students in:
- The Dowdy Multicultural Center Mentoring Program
- The Multicultural Organizational Advisory Board (MOAB)
This centralization of staff in one location promotes the coordination of services, programs and resources for more than 3700 Students of Color on campus. The center provides access to computers, study tables and sofas for students to lounge comfortably.
We cultivate and sustain a socially just, equitable and inclusive campus community
for all students.
The Dowdy Multicultural Center promotes the holistic success and development of Students of Color (SOC) at West Chester University. We implement collaborative co-curricular experiences that; promote multicultural awareness, creates a sense of belonging, affirms racial and cultural identity, and empowers all students to challenge systems of oppression.
· Identity Development
· Social Justice
· Transformative Education
· Civic Engagement
- to promote success of Students of Color by serving as a home-base and point for coordination of programs, services and referrals.
- to serve as a campus gathering place and resource/programming center for all students and other members of the University community to enhance awareness and appreciation of diversity and inclusion.
- to provide a space for prospective and first year Students of Color to identify with as they anticipate and begin their collegiate experience.
- to enhance alumni engagement by partnering with former Students of Color and alumni organizations.
The Dowdy Multicultural Center, was dedicated on October 21, 2016 in honor of Lawrence A. Dowdy for his years of devoted service to West Chester University.