The University required the following insurance:
- Workers' Compensation Insurance sufficient to cover all employees of the organization.
- Comprehensive Commercial General Liability insurance, property damage insurance, and automobile liability insurance in such amounts as the University shall deem sufficient but no less than $1,000,000 each occurrence for bodily injury and property damage, and $2,000,000 general aggregate. Policy/ies shall be on an occurrence basis only.
- If the User hosts Vendors, the Vendor must have Comprehensive Commercial General Liability Insurance in such amounts as the University shall deem sufficient but no less than $1,000,000 and $2,000,000 general aggregate. Policy/ies shall be on an occurrence basis only.
Programs Involving Minors
For programs involving minors, the university requires the following:
Additional Insurance Requirements
If the User hosts children age 18 years or younger on campus, the User must provide separate Abuse and Molestation Insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 each occurrence and $1,000,000 general aggregate, unless this coverage is specifically included in the comprehensive commercial general liability insurance policy. Evidence of specific inclusion shall be required. If coverage for abuse and molestation is not specifically included in the commercial general liability coverage, a separate policy or rider shall be required as evidence of said insurance. Policy/ies shall be on an occurrence basis only.
Criminal Record Checks and Child Abuse Clearances
When programs are serving children ages 18 years of age or younger, the User shall provide certification as evidence that all adult employees and adult volunteers of the User who have direct programmatic interaction with minors during the program shall have satisfactorily completed the following: a Federal Criminal History Record Information Check, a Pennsylvania State Criminal History Record (Act 34) and a PA Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse History Clearance Check (Act 151).
Volunteers are exempt from the federal criminal history record information if:
- The position is unpaid.
- The volunteer has been a resident of PA during the entire previous 10-year period.
- The volunteer swears or affirms in writing they are not disqualified from service
nor have been convicted of an offense listed below in any state, territory or possession
of the United States.
- criminal homicide
- aggravated assault
- unlawful restraint
- statutory sexual assault
- involuntary deviate sexual intercourse
- sexual assault
- aggravated indecent assault
- indecent assault
- indecent exposure
- concealing death of child
- endangering welfare of children
- dealing in infant children
- A felony offense relating to prostitution
- obscene and other sexual materials and performances
- corruption of minors
- sexual abuse of children
- attempt, solicitation, or conspiracy to commit any of the above
Certification of completed checks shall be returned to the Office of Conference Services no later than 30 days prior to the start date listed within this facility use agreement.
When programs are serving children ages 18 years of age or younger, the Use will have to complete University mandated training.
Authorized Adults or Program Staff Code of Conduct
When programs are serving children ages 18 years of age or younger, the User shall provide certification as evidence that the User has read the Authorized Adults or Program Staff Code of Conduct, provided by West Chester University. Violations of any of code should be reported immediately to the University liaison.
When programs are serving children ages 18 years of age or younger, the User shall complete a program registration within 30 days of the program date. This form will be provided by the University.