WCU Community Mental Health Services and the Department of Psychology commit to work for inclusion and equality for our community. Please read out statement on George Floyd and racial equality.
Starting on May 28th, CMHS will be accepting new therapy clients for teletherapy using the Zoom Meeting platform. If you do not have access to the technology necessary to use Zoom, we can provide teletherapy phone calls.
We are unable to provide psychologist testing services at this time.
Please read through the following for information about the CMHS Teletherapy Intake Process:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting therapy services. Be sure to include a phone number in your email and the best times to reach you.
- Someone from the clinic will call you to schedule a phone interview with a clinician. Once scheduled, the clinician will contact you at your appointment time to gather additional information about you. This interview should take between 15 and 30 minutes to complete.
- After the phone interview, we will review your information to determine whether CMHS can provide you with the services you need. If we feel that you would be better served by another provider in the area, we will give you several referral options.
- If we determine that the clinic is a good fit for you, we will email you Intake Paperwork to complete. Please let us know if you need any assistance completing the paperwork and we will schedule a phone call to help you through it. Access the intake paperwork here.
- Next you will be assigned a clinician to work with. Once we receive your completed paperwork, you will receive an email from your clinician requesting to schedule your intake session. If you have never used Zoom before, your clinician can provide you with instructions and assistance to meet via Zoom.
Please direct all inquiries to the CMHS phone number or email (email@example.com). We look forward to continuing to offer high quality services to our community!
WCU Community Mental Health Services (CMHS) is affiliated with the West Chester University Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) Program. CMHS serves as a training center for graduate students in the Psy.D. Program and as a clinical research site for faculty in the Psychology Department. As a non-profit training and research facility, Community Mental Health Services is able to provide low-cost, cutting edge psychotherapy and testing. We provide a wide range of psychological services as well as specializations in trauma-related disorders and child & adolescent mental health. Services are provided by graduate students earning a doctorate in Psychology, who are closely supervised by experienced, licensed Psychologists. We serve children, adolescents, adults, couples and families from all backgrounds. Our providers strive to be culturally sensitive and compassionate and are committed to the highest ethical standards.
Upcoming EventsCMHS is located at 125 West Rosedale Avenue on the 8th floor of Wayne Hall on the WCU main campus in West Chester, PA. Free parking is available in the lot in front of the building.
Hours of Operation
Clinic closings over the summer:
- Memorial Day: closed 5/25 & 5/26 (Mon. & Tues)
- July 4th: closed 6/29 thru 7/3 (week closure)
- Closed week before Fall Semester: 8/17 thru 8/21 (week closure)
- Labor Day: close 9/7 (Mon.)
New Summer Teletherapy Hours:
Wednesday: 8:30am-12:30pm & 3pm-5pm
To schedule an appointment or for more information please call our main office at 610-436-2510.