Call for Proposals
Proposal submissions are now closed for West Chester University's Third Annual Scholarship
of Teaching, Learning, and Assessment (SoTLA) conference.
Proposal notifications will be sent by Friday, November 16, 2018.
Hour-long, interactive presentations should focus on research-based strategies of
the teaching, learning, and assessment process and use specific strategies to engage
The five SoTLA conference tracks are as follows:
- Online and Blended Learning: Projects focused on teaching and student learning in either the fully online or blended
- Assessment: Projects focused on the assessment of student learning at the course, program, or
- Student Engagement: Projects focused on pedagogical strategies in any of the following areas: fostering
motivation, promotion of active learning, building community in the classroom, and/
or ensuring students are appropriately challenged in the classroom.
- Interdisciplinary Teaching and Learning: Projects focused on strategies for teaching and learning across disciplines and collaboration
among teams of instructors with distinct disciplinary fields.
- Integration of Teaching and Scholarship: Projects focused on research that integrates teaching and scholarship.
The following must be provided through our online submission:
- Title (max. 10 words)
- Abstract (to be published in the program; max 100 words)
- Proposals Must Include:
- Clear connection between the title of the proposed presentation and it's content.
- Clearly stated purpose that is significant and relevant to SoTLA.
- Evidence that the proposal is grounded in context (theoretical support).
- Explanation of how presentation contributes current knowledge to SoTLA.
- Discussion of implications and applications for SoTLA.
- Plans for engaging the audience in the session. Please model exemplary teaching and
Proposal Form Fields
- Institution or Organization
- Additional Presenters?
- Which conference track?
- Presentation Title
- Presentation Abstract
- Presentation Description
- Additional Presenter Information (if needed)