Call for Proposals
Proposals are no longer being accepted.
Hour-long, interactive presentations should focus on research-based strategies of
the teaching, learning, and assessment process and use specific strategies to engage
The five SoTLA conference tracks are as follows:
- Online and Blended Learning: Projects focused on teaching and student learning in either the fully online or blended
- Assessment: Projects focused on the assessment of student learning at the course, program, or
- Student Engagement: Projects focused on pedagogical strategies in any of the following areas: fostering
motivation, promotion of active learning, building community in the classroom, and/
or ensuring students are appropriately challenged in the classroom.
- Academic Affairs and Student Affairs Partnerships: Projects focused on the infusion of curricular experiences to enhance and compliment
the curriculum in intentional ways.
- Integration of Teaching and Scholarship: Projects focused on research that integrates teaching and scholarship.
The following must be provided through our online submission:
- Title (max. 10 words)
- Abstract (to be published in the program; max 100 words)
- Proposals Must Include:
- Clear connection between the title of the proposed presentation and it's content.
- Clearly stated purpose that is significant and relevant to SoTLA.
- Evidence that the proposal is grounded in context (theoretical support).
- Explanation of how presentation contributes current knowledge to SoTLA.
- Discussion of implications and applications for SoTLA.
- Plans for engaging the audience in the session. Please model exemplary teaching and