Academic Success Workshops
The Academic Success Workshop (ASW) is a program designed to teach students general study and college transition skills which are applicable to all courses and programs of study.
We’re converting our ASW topics to online presentations so they are accessible to students anytime. If you need assistance with a topic for academic success, please make an appointment with a Success Coach. Success Coaches are available to meet one-on-one with students to address the topics listed below. Make a virtual appointment by visiting our Success Coaching page.
We also offer group Academic Success Workshop presentations. Please email us at email@example.com to discuss and plan your group presentation needs. The workshops are facilitated by experienced graduate students. The presentations will be conducted virtually for the Fall 2020 semester.
Academic Success Workshop Topics:
- Digital Learning Success | PowerPoint
- Learn how to navigate online learning to make the most of your semester.
- Don't Put This Workshop Off Until Tomorrow: Time Management Strategies | PowerPoint
- Learn how to capitalize on motivation and reduce procrastination.
- Finals Prep | PowerPoint
- Learn strategies to help deal with one of the most stressful times of the year.
- Self-Care Workshop | PowerPoint
- Discuss the importance of sleep, positivity, nutrition, and the importance of treating yourself.
- Active Textbook Reading | PowerPoint
- Cover different strategies to get the most out of your reading.
- No Fear Test Taking: Reducing Test Anxiety | PowerPoint
- Examine strategies to help you better prepare for exams and discuss methods to help alleviate test anxiety.
- Fighting Procrastination | PowerPoint
- Tips for overcoming procrastination. Learn the Pomodoro method!
- Note Taking: College Edition (password: Fr.7e5Mj) | PowerPoint
- Learn to identify your learning style, discuss effective planning for class, and explore various note taking methods.
- Goal Setting (password: m!8SgQbp) | PowerPoint
- Gives students the tools needed to set SMART goals. Students have the opportunity to examine their strengths and weaknesses and use them to plan, execute, and evaluate goals.
*** Online Topics in Progress: ***
- Maximizing Tutoring and Professor Office Hours
- Gives students strategies to help better articulate their academic needs and comfortably approach professors and tutors.
Other Helpful Sites
Top Smartphone Apps
- JotNotPro (note taking) - After a picture of text is taken, the app turns it into a PDF file (costs 99 cents).
- CourseSmart (textbooks) - Offers free iPhone app to read books purchased through its online service.
- GoodReader and Evernote (scholarly article reading) - Allow readers to highlight and take notes on any PDF saved to the system.
Set yourself up for a successful Virtual semester! Check out our Student Success Tips for Remote Learning . If you need help implementing strategies listed, meet with a Success Coach!
Communicating with your professor doesn't have to be a challenge! Use our Tips to Connect with your Professor guide to learn how to make meeting with your professor easier!
Questions?? Email us at Successcoaching@wcupa.edu