We’re happy to welcome you back to campus! Please use this webpage to transition back to campus this fall. You’ll note the menus below provide important categories of interest for faculty and staff. Additionally, you should direct Undergraduate and Graduate students to the other pages for information specific to them.
Health and Safety
- COVID-19 Reporting Procedures, Protocols, and Resources
- Classroom Technologies
- Office Hours Policy
- Rams Return 2021 Student Success Guide: this guide is designed to help you put together resources and guidance for your students.
- Syllabus statements
- Student Support Resources
- WCU’s Rammy’s Resource Navigator: designed to help people find resources based on various concerns, including COVID-19 Resources
Recommended Student Resources
- WCU’s Community Guidelines: outlines student responsibilities for ensuring the safety of our community
- WCU’s Student Conduct Violation Report: faculty and staff can use to report violations of the university’s safety protocols and the above referenced Community Guidelines
- WCU’s COVID-19 Information Form: a form where faculty, students, and staff can report the COVID-19 status of a student.
- WCU’s Office of Student Assistance: provides students with assistance with notifying faculty of absences, including a link to notifying the university of their COVID-19 infection status
- WCU’s Campus Assessment, Response, and Education Team (CARE Team): provides faculty with the ability to report concerning incidents or behavior involving students
- WCU’s Red Folder: quick reference guide to mental health resources for faculty and staff who may interact with distressing or distressed students
- WCU's Student Alert Program: proactive system of communication and collaboration of professors, program staff, academic advisors, and University students with the goal of promoting academic success.
- IS&T D2L Services
- Faculty & Staff Training (FAST)
Student Absence Process
- If students are seen in Student Health Services, the provider gives them instructions on how to make the request to inform faculty of their absences through Student Assistance using request form.
- The student completes the form and provides documentation.
- Student Assistance office reviews the documentation for appropriateness and if it will result in 3 or more days of absences.
- Student Assistance generates a computer-generated letter that informs the faculty of the student’s circumstances. The letter will only include the information the student authorizes to be released (i.e., specific details of illness or emergency).
- This notification and process is optional. Students are welcome to communicate and share documentation directly with faculty to discuss absences and arrangements for work missed.
Reflection & Renewal
- Center for Contemplative Studies
- Building a Post-Pandemic Future for Higher Ed Webinar
- Reflection & Renewal Programming (Coming soon!)
- Faculty Groups
- Work-life Balance
- Applying Lessons Learned
- Town Hall Recordings