Transfer Credit Center: National Student Exchange
You Can Travel Within the U.S. for School Credit
To contact the Coordinator of the National Student Exchange Program, email Daniele Clay at theNational Student Exchange.
National Student Exchange participation is a privilege. Here are the following requirements:
- You must be a full-time degree student at WCU, at both the time of application, and in the term prior to exchange.
- You are also expected to remain a full-time student while on exchange.
- You must return to WCU as a full-time student after your exchange. Approximately 50% of students exchange during their Junior year.
- You must be in good academic, financial, and social/behavior standing at WCU when you apply.
- You must have a minimum, cumulative grade point average of 2.5. This GPA is required at the time of application, and at the completion of the term prior to exchange. If your GPA falls below a 2.5 while on exchange, your exchange will be cancelled.
WCU offers two payment plans to outgoing exchange students:
- Preferred: Plan B (Home Payment) is the exchange plan in which the student pays their normal tuition to their home school and housing fees to the host school.
- If Plan B is not possible, Plan A is available. Plan A (Host Payment) is the exchange plan in which the student pays the in-state resident tuition/fees and housing cost of the host school.
Length of Stay
Application and Placement
- Updated Applications and NSE Brochures are available in the Global Engagement Office in early October. The deadline for submitting an application for the following academic year is late February.
- You may contact the NSE Coordinator, Daniele Clay, for an appointment or to obtain more information by emailing the National Student Exchange.
- Once you are ready to submit your application, you must meet with the Coordinator for an informal interview.
- All students planning to take courses while on exchange must complete the National Student Exchange Program Approval and return it to the NSE Coordinator in the Global Engagement Office (Mitchell Hall, 3rd Floor).
- The Coordinator participates in a placement conference in mid-March and will contact you shortly after to notify you if you have been placed at one of the schools you chose.