There are two ceremonies on Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
You are needed at both ceremonies.
Undergraduate Morning Ceremony (10:00 a.m.)
College of Arts & Humanities
College of Education & Social Work
College of the Sciences and Mathematics
- Come to the front entrance of Hollinger gymnasium by 7:45 a.m.
- Check in with Dr. Peter Loedel at the room just inside the entrance. He will give
you Commencement programs, which are stored in the room, to distribute to guests and
- Dr. Loedel will divide you into several groups.
- The first group will go down to Hollinger and place programs on the students' seats.
When this is done, remain on the floor of Hollinger to help seat guests. Some of you
will go up to the balcony to help seat guests. A few of you will help arrange handicapped
seating. Two ½-rows at the back of the guest seating area on the north side of Hollinger
- by the outside doors - will be set aside for handicapped seating. Facilities and
Public Safety will be there to help if there are any questions.
- A smaller group will remain at the front entrance of Hollinger to distribute programs
to the guests as they enter. We should have enough programs to give one to each guest
who requests one.
- After the ceremony starts, please join us for lunch at Lawrence Traditions.
Undergraduate Afternoon Ceremony (1:30 p.m.)
College of Business & Public Management
College of Health Sciences
- Re-assemble in Hollinger by 11:45 a.m. The procedures are the same as for the undergraduate
- Assemble in Hollinger by 8:15 a.m. The procedures are the same as for the undergraduate
- Seating will be very tight, so please make sure that the guests fill in all the seats.
You can be very helpful in seeing that everyone gets seated with a minimum of fuss.
If you have any problems, seek help from a Public Safety officer.
- A pleasant attitude will go a long way to making everyone there feel good about the
day's event. When the afternoon ceremony gets under way, you are free to leave.