The Graduate Certificate in Advanced Educational Leadership (Superintendent Letter of Eligibility) at West Chester University is intended to inspire and support students who are interested in superintendent and assistant superintendent roles in K-12 education. Individuals in these roles must be equipped to think strategically to solve complex issues across the education spectrum. Our program helps students think critically about these diverse issues by providing both theoretical knowledge and practical skills for professional growth. This Graduate Certificate is one component of the Superintendent Letter of Eligibility (LOE). West Chester University and the Chester County Intermediate Unit (CCIU) have partnered to assist interested candidates in earning the LOE endorsed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. The superintendent role in public school systems is key to the success of the stakeholders,: students, teachers, families, communities, and this 12-credit program is designed to help graduates provide academic and intellectual value to their districts and beyond. Students will gain experience in leadership and decision-making that will contribute to their own success and to the success of the students and the educators.
Cohort model with Internship Advisors and rolling admissions
- 12-credits/4 courses that are 7 weeks each with 45 hours of field experience per class
- Hybrid of online & in-person courses
- Earn your certificate in as little as 2 semesters on Wednesday nights (Fall and Spring)
- Curriculum builds practical knowledge that is informed by theory and current practices.
- A focus on developing leaders who are ready to create collaborative and equitable learning spaces for students, faculty, and families within a school
- Stand-alone certificate or embedded within the Ed.D. in Policy, Planning, and Administration
- Coordination with Chester County Intermediate Unit to help apply for PA Department of Education Letter of Eligibility
What can I do with this degree?
- Assistant Superintendent
- Educational Administration
- Educational Leadership
Inaugural Cohort Spring 2021