Students who currently receive financial aid at West Chester University can be eligible to use their aid to help pay for study abroad, however since every student has different amounts of financial need, students should meet with Ms. Kristy Slusser in the financial aid office to learn about their unique financial aid package. Email Kristy Slusser to learn more.
West Chester University’s Center for International Programs (CIP) is proud to offer students the opportunity to apply for the Study Abroad Travel Awards each year. Awards ranging in the amount of $200.00-$2,000.00 will be given to selected students participating in approved study abroad programs. West Chester University’s Strategic Plan, Building on Excellence, has made the objective to increase the international educational opportunities for students a top priority. To learn more about eligibility and application requirements, click the link above to visit the scholarship brochure and application page.
- Winter/Spring semester/Spring Break programs: November 1st
- Summer programs: March 1st
- Fall/Academic Year programs: July 1st
West Chester University’s Center for International Programs (CIP), in collaboration with President Christopher Fiorentino, is proud to offer underrepresented minority students the opportunity to apply for the Global Rams Initiative Scholarship. Scholarships will be given to selected students participating in approved study abroad programs that have been granted the Global Rams Designation. To learn more and apply, visit the link above.
- Click scholarship link to the left to view application deadlines.
- May 15th (awarded once per year for the following year's programs)
The James McErlane Scholarship for Study Abroad supports students with evidence of high academic performance, demonstrated financial need, and academic purpose of studying abroad.
Additional WCU Foundation scholarships can be found utilizing the WCU Scholarship Search website.
- The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship offers grants for qualifying U.S. citizen, undergraduate students of limited financial means to pursue academic studies or credit-bearing, career-oriented internships abroad and gives away millions of dollars per year.
- The Fund for Education Abroad is another excellent organization offering scholarships for students with demonstrated need.
- The Asia Institute's Scholarship Partnership with PaCIE is for students studying abroad in Asia.
- Diversity Abroad – Underrepresented students in study abroad
- Boren Awards- Less commonly taught languages and more
- DAAD- For Study in Germany
- Freeman- ASIA- For East or Southeast Asia
- Generation Study Abroad WCU is committed to doubling study abroad participation by the end of the decade as a committed partner of Generation Study Abroad. Some of our partners have scholarships only available to committed partners; please contact the program provider to see about availability.
- Generation Study Abroad Excellence and Travel Awards – Only for study in New Zealand