West Chester students should have access to our networks anywhere they go on campus, whether they are in their dorm rooms, academic buildings, or out in the quad. There are two different networks here on campus: RamNet and RamNet-Guest.
- RamNet is a secure network which students can connect their phones, tablets, and laptops to using their WCU username and password.
- RamNet-Guest is used for smart devices, such as streaming devices, game consoles, and smart TVs. These devices should automatically connect to RamNet-Guest without asking to sign in. Visitors can also create a temporary 24-hour account on RamNet-Guest to access the internet while they visit the campus.
RamNet-Guest can only support devices that have a dedicated full function remote control. Devices that do not have a dedicated remote (or are controlled via smart phone) cannot be supported on the network (ex: Amazon Echo, Chromecast, Vizio Smartcast TV).
Chromebook Network Configuration:
- Security: EAP
- EAP method: PEAP
- EAP Phase 2 authentication: Automatic
- Server CA certificate: Default
- Enter your WCU username and password to connect to the network
For more information read Quick Connect.