Collections are groups of artifacts, reflections, presentations, and learning objectives. An item can belong to multiple collections at the same time. For example, you can add a short story you wrote to a collection called “Fiction” as well as a collection called “Creative Writing 101” and there will only be one copy of the story (artifact). Collections can be added to a Presentation.
- On the My Items page, click New Collection. Alternatively, you can click New Collection from the ePortfolio dashboard.
- Give the collection a Name.
- Enter a Description of the Collection or its significance to your ePortfolio.
- Add any tags you want the collection to have.
- Tags are words you associate with an object to make items easier to find. You can search for items with specific tags, and other users can use your tags to search for items. To make a multiple-word tag, place double quotes around the entire phrase. For example: typing "spring project" makes the two words a single tag.
- Click Save and Close to save and come back later to add items to the collection. Click Save to save the
Collection and begin to add items to it.
- If you clicked Save, additional options will appear on the screen. Click on the check boxes in the Comments/Assessments section if you want to provide others with the option to comment or assess your collection when you share it with them.
- Click Add to Collection to begin adding items you’ve already created to the Collection.
- On the pop-up window, select Artifacts, Presentations, Reflections, or Learning Objectives. This is the most common way to add items to your Collection.
- On the following page, select the items you would like to add to the Collection and click Add.
- Click Save and Close to finish editing the Collection.
Additional ways to add items to a Collection
There are additional ways to add items to a collection:
A. Add an item to one or more collections from the My Items page
- Select the items you want to add to the collection from the My Items listing.
- Click Add to Collection from the More Actions button.
- Select the collections you want to add the items to.
- Click Add.
B. Add an item to a collection using an item's dropdown menu (drop-down)
- Click Add to Collection from the dropdown menu of the item you want to add.
- Select the collections you want to add the item to.
- Click Add.
C. Create a tag list that automatically populates a collection
Important: All items that use the tags that you specify in the tag list are automatically added to the collection. If you share the collection with other users, you automatically share all of the items.
- Click Edit from the dropdown menu of the collection you want to add items to.
- Click Add to Collection.
- Click Tag List.
- Give your tag list a name.
- Enter the tags you want in the tag list. Note, you must click Add Tag after entering a tag in the Tags in List field.
- Click Save.
Tip: Create multiple tag lists if you want to create an OR condition, where items tagged with either "x" or "y" are added to a collection. For example, if you want to add all items tagged with the phrase "Science and Technology" and either "Green Energy" or "Solar Energy", you should create two tag lists. The first tag list should contain the phrases "Science and Technology" and "Green Energy". The second tag list should contain "Science and Technology" and "Solar Energy".
Press Enter to add more content