Waiting Rooms for PMI
In an effort to mitigate the risk of unwanted guests in Zoom meetings, all newly created Zoom rooms now require passwords, with one important distinction. If you choose to set up a meeting using your Personal Meeting ID (PMI), this requirement applies only if you set up a room with the option Join Before Host enabled.
However, you can also set up a waiting room for your Personal Meeting ID.
In this scenario, the host will turn off Join Before Host in their PMI, and turn on
the Enable Waiting Room. This will remove the password requirement on Personal Meetings, and allow you as
the host to control who enters the room.
Setting Up a Waiting Room for Your PMI from the Desktop Client
To set up a waiting room for your personal meeting room from your desktop client:
- Click the down arrow right below the orange New Meeting button.
- You should see your personal meeting ID number. Hover your mouse over this to expand another menu.
- Select PMI Settings.
- Expand the Advanced Options menu. Click the Enable waiting room box to turn on the Waiting Room feature.
- Make sure to uncheck both the Enable join before host and the Require meeting password box. Note: You must uncheck the "Enable join before host" before you can disable the password requirement.
- Click Save when you are done.
Setting Up a Waiting Room for Your PMI from the Web Client
To set up a waiting room for your personal meeting room from online:
- Log into http://wcupa.zoom.us with your WCU credentials.
- From the left-hand sidebar, select Meetings. Then click the blue Schedule a New Meeting button.
- Enter in your meeting details. When you come to Meeting ID, select Personal Meeting ID instead of Generate Automatically.
- Scroll down until you see Meeting Options and check the Enable Waiting Room box.
Note: if you enable the waiting room, these settings will apply to all meetings that use your Personal Meeting ID. That is, a waiting room will always be on when you use your PMI for meetings.
- When you are done, click Save and your meeting will be created.