Setting Up a Password-Enabled Meeting
Changes were implemented by IS&T based on best practices and guidelines received from vendor and subject matter experts. IS&T recognizes the inconvenience this caused and the impact on instruction in our effort to provide a secure meeting environment for our Faculty, Staff and Students.
The Waiting Room option still exists but is no longer set as default and is no longer mandatory. Instead, a simple yet mandatory password feature is being introduced to protect our meetings against unauthorized guests.
Your previously scheduled meetings which did not require a password will now require one. The passwords are randomly generated. You can go to your meeting list page to change the password for your meetings. Information on how to do this can be found here. It's recommended to notify your participants about the new password.
Important Note: If you choose to set up a meeting using your Personal Meeting ID (PMI), the password requirement applies only if you set up a room with the option Join Before Host enabled.
Updating an Existing Zoom Meeting
To update an existing meeting:
- Log into http://wcupa.zoom.us with your WCU credentials.
- From the left-hand sidebar, select Meetings.
- Click on the topic of the meeting you wish to edit.
- Scroll down about halfway down the page to the Meeting Password section. Check the box next to "Require meeting password".
- Enter in your desired password. We recommend using a combination of letters and numbers to make your password more secure.
- Click Save when you are done.
- You can view this password at any time by clicking on Meetings in the left-hand sidebar,
selecting the meeting topic, and going to the Manage Meeting screen.
Note: Your Zoom link will change when you add a password. You will need to distribute this new link to your attendees via D2L, email, or other methods.
Without a password enabled, a link only includes the meeting ID.
When a password is enabled, a link includes a secure password string. When a participant clicks this link, they will not need to enter the password.