Kaltura Closed Captioning
All videos added to your My Meda (Kaltura) now have automatic, machine-generated closed captions. These captions are editable within My Media. The machine-generated captions are intended to be a base for creating accurate captions with the editor and also to enable users the ability to search and interact with transcript while watching a video.
- Log into D2L.
- Click the University Resources menu and select Manage Media.
- Click the edit icon to access the editing features for your video.
- Select the Captions tab.
- Click Edit Captions.
- The following page is the caption editor. Edit your captions by clicking into the appropriate text field in the center of the page.
- To edit the timestamp of each line, click the desired timestamp to modify the time. The editor will highlight any overlapping time.
- You can also find and replace text:
- Enter your search term in the "Search in Captions" field
- Enter in the text you'd like to replace it with in the "Replace with" field
- click the Replace button
- Click Save when you are done making edits to your captions