My Media is a video streaming service (Kaltura), used by West Chester University to upload and manage media files for use in a D2L course. The latest version of My Media moves away from Flash based technology, utilizing HTML5 for a more robust and streamlined experience for our users.
My Media provides:
- Standard playback of various file types, devices, operating systems, browsers
- Secure repository accessible to West Chester University Faculty & Students
- Ability to record and edit screen casts of your screen, webcam, and microphone using Kaltura Personal Capture
- Media can be inserted to many areas of D2L such as Announcements, Content, Feedback, Assignment descriptions, Quizzes/Surveys, or Discussions
My Media (Kaltura) Tutorials
In the past, when accessing My Media from the Insert Stuff button in the D2L HTML editor, users had the ability to record themselves here using their webcams. With web technology moving away from Flash towards more modern HTML5, this feature was removed by Kaltura but replaced with the more robust and user friendly Kaltura Capture.
Kaltura videos are able to be downloaded by the owner and co-editors of the video.
- From the D2L Homepage, click on University Resources and select Manage Media.
- Locate the video and click on the pencil to edit the video options.
- Click on the Downloads tab.
- Click the checkbox to the left of
- Click on Save, then click on Go to Media.
- Click on Details and select Download.
- Click on the download icon. The file will save to your downloads folder or you may
be prompted to save the file.