The Discussions tool provides an area for collaboration and communication, allowing learners to post, read and reply to messages on different topics, share thoughts about course materials, ask questions, share files and work with peers or colleagues.
Consider some of the advantages of moving some classroom discussions online. You can use the Discussions tool to:
- Encourage users to share thoughts on course material
- Set up forums for users to ask questions
- Pose a question for the class to debate
- Discuss the answers to an assignment
- Create forums for groups to work on group assignments
Discussions are your course message boards that are organized into forums and topics.
• Forums are the main folder where discussion topics reside. Students cannot post to forums.
• Topics reside inside a forum. Students post to topics.
• Threads are postings within a topic.
Create Group Discussion Topic