Create Question Pool
Question Pools in quizzes can be used to distribute a unique set of questions to individual students. For example, if you have a bank of 50 questions, you can create a question pool to pull a random sampling of 25 of the 50 questions for each student. You can have multiple question pools in one quiz. For example you can have a question pool of multiple choice questions and a question pool of written response questions.
Note: In order to create a question pool, questions must reside in the Question Library.
Create a Question Pool
- From the Manage Quizzes screen, click the drop-down next to the quiz you would like
to add questions to and select Edit.
- Click the Add/Edit Questions button under the Quiz Questions heading
- Click the New button and select Question Pool.
- Set up the Question Pool, complete the following steps:
- Enter a unique identifying name for the question pool
- Click on Browse Question Library and select the questions to be added to the pool.
- In the Browse Question Library window, select the source (Question Library) and select the checkboxes next to the questions you want to add to the pool.
- Click Add
- Enter in the number of questions to be added to the quiz from the pool. (Note: must be less than the total number of questions available in the pool.)
- Enter the number of points per question.
- Click on Save.
- The Question Pool will now appear on the Add/Edit Questions Screen. Click on Done Editing Questions.
Note: You can add additional Question Pools or additional questions to the quiz.
- The Question Pool is shown on the Properties tab. Click on Save and Close when done editing the quiz.