Create a New Announcement
- From the Course homepage, click on the drop-down arrow next to Announcements.
- Click on New Announcement.
- Enter a Headline for your announcement. The body of the announcement will go in the Content area.
- If you want to hide your headline's date and time, clear the Always show start date check box. By default, an Announcements item start date and time appears below the
headline when displayed in the Announcements widget.
- In the Start Date and End Date fields, select the posting availability date. Announcements items publish immediately,
unless you specify an alternate start date from Start Date.
Note: Post-dated Announcements items do not display in the Announcements widget even
if users have permission to see future Announcements items. They can be found within
the list of Announcements items on the Announcements page.
- You can remove an Announcements item on a specific date by selecting the Remove Announcements item based on end date check box. Faculty and administrators in the course can still
see the Announcements item after its end date, but it does not appear in the Announcements
- In the Attachments section, add attachments, audio recordings, and video recordings as part of your
- To include additional release conditions, click Attach Existing or Create and Attach.
- To continue editing the Announcements item, click Save as Draft. Students cannot see draft Announcements items. To release Announcements item to
users, click Publish.