Back to top of page.
Create Holistic Rubric
Holistic rubrics allow you to evaluate students based on a single criterion.
Creating a Holistic Rubric
- Click Assessment in the navigation bar, then select Rubrics from the drop down menu.
- Click New Rubrics.
- Enter a Name for your rubric. (Your changes will be auto-saved.)
- Select the Rubric Status. (Recommend setting to Draft until ready for use.)
- Change the Rubric Type to Holistic.
- Click the dropdown menu next to Scoring to select the scoring type.
- Percentage– The rubric will calculate the percentage based on the score of the associated
item (e.g. a Grade item).
- No Score– Levels are evaluated only with text. For example, three levels would be
Proficient, Adequate, Developing.
- Click Reverse Level Order to reverse the order in which the levels display.
- Click the plus (+) sign to add levels to the left or right of existing levels.
- Click the trash can icon next to a level to delete a level.
- Enter the percentage to be assigned for each level.
- Enter the description for each level.
- Click the drop down menu to the right of Options to reveal:
- Rubric Visibility: Determine if and how the students will view the rubric
- Score Visibility: Check the box to hide the rubric score from students. Unchecked
- Description: Add a description for your personal reference.
- It is recommended to leave the advanced associations checked.
- Click Close when complete.
Note: Be sure to set status to Published when you are ready to use the rubric in your