Create an Assignment
- Click Assessments in the navigation bar and select Assignments.
- Click on the New Assignment button.
- Enter a Name for your assignment.
- Provide instructions for the students (optional).
- Attach a relevant file to your instructions by clicking the Add Attachment dropdown.
Attachments can include Files, Links, Existing Activities, or One Drive items (optional).
Choose if you would like to:
- create an individual or group assignment. You will need to have Groups set up in D2L before creating a group assignment.
- choose a submission type
- File submission: learners upload and submit a file to the assignment.
- Text submission: learners post text, image, or a link to their work in a text box within the assignment.
- On paper submission: learners submit a physical copy of their assignment directly to their instructor. No file upload is required to complete the assignment.
- Observed in person: allows instructors to observe learners as they perform tasks, such as in-class presentations,
and evaluate them using Assignments. No file upload is required to complete the assignment.
- On paper submissions and Observed in person assignments include additional completion options as no submissions are made by learners in D2L with these types. These submission types can be marked as completed manually by learners, automatically on evaluation, or automatically on due date. Instructors select their completion option when creating assignments.
- choose the number of files allowed per submission and the number of submissions to be kept in the folder (optional).
- have your assignment organized in a category.
- Choose the number of files allowed per submission and the number of submissions to be kept in the folder.
- Enter any email that you would like notified each time a submission is uploaded (optional).
- Enable Originality Check for files submitted to this assignment.
- To assign points to the assignment , enter a max number of points in the Score Out Of box.
- Choose if you would like to associate the assignment with a grade item. If your gradebook is set up, you will see the available grade items in the drop-down list; otherwise you can create a new grade item.
- Select a rubric to attach to the assignment (optional).
- Click on Save.