Enabling Third-Party Cookies for Kaltura
If you see an error that says “It seems your browser is blocking 3rd party session cookies which are required for the Kaltura application. To resolve this issue please update your settings to allow 3rd party cookies.” then you need to adjust your browser settings.
To correct this issue on an Apple iPhone, go to Settings, Safari, and then make sure that both Prevent Cross-Site Tracking and Block All Cookies are turned OFF as shown in the image below.
Open Safari. In the menu bar at the top of the screen, select Safari and then Preferences.
Go to Privacy and uncheck Prevent cross-site tracking and Block all cookies.
Refresh the D2L web tab and the Kaltura video should now display.
- Click or tap on the "Customize and control Google Chrome" button from the top-right
corner of your window. This looks like three dots stacked vertically. Select Settings from that menu.
- Scroll down and click Privacy and Security.
- Select Site Settings.
- Click on Cookies and Site Data.
- Set the "Block third-party cookies" switch to "off"; make sure the circle is on the left and the bar is gray. If it's blue, that means you are blocking cookies.
- Click the "menu" button in the top-right corner of your screen. This looks like three
bars stacked vertically. Select Options from the menu.
- In the "Options" tab, choose Privacy & Security in the left sidebar navigation.
- Ensure that the Standard box is selected.