Director of Human Resources
Position Summary: Cheyney University of Pennsylvania invites applicants for the Director of Human Resources. This position will be accountable for all functions and processes of the Office of Human Resources.
• Develop strategies and plans to lead the operation of the Office of Human Resources.
• Provide strategies for the Cheyney University President, Executive Team, and supervisors regarding human resources issues, labor relations matters and management rights.
• Maintain a responsive human resources office staff to service the University and its employees.
• Create opportunities for productive cooperation and interaction between management and staff as well as between management and various bargaining units.
• Develop, prepare and present reports to the Executive Team regarding personnel practices, trends, wages, salaries and other personnel matters related to a sound and progressive personnel program.
Performance Management/Staff Development
• Develop an effective strategy to establish and sustain a performance management culture within the University.
• Ensure an effective and meaningful annual performance appraisal and reporting process.
• Provide guidance to supervisors to proactively deal with any poor performers on their teams.
• Develop a strong staff and leadership development plan.
Recruitment and New Employee Onboarding
• Manage the recruitment and selection process for faculty and staff; address related personnel policies and processes to support the university’s recruiting needs; and generate appointment letters.
• Develop and manage a campus-wide, new hire orientation program.
• Assist with the evaluation and analysis in the position classification process; verify compliance with Commonwealth and CBA guidelines while clarifying job content; manage special classification projects.
• Remain up-to-date on all collective bargaining agreements as they pertain to compensation, leave, benefit entitlements and labor relations issues.
• Develop and communicate university policies and procedures concerning employees within the context of appropriate labor agreements and laws.
• Interpret and administer Pennsylvania employee laws, labor relations agreements, administrative rules, and university policies and procedures.
• Monitor demographic data and trends and take action necessary to uphold the institution’s commitment to equal employment opportunities.
• Complete reports or compensation and staffing surveys as requested by federal, state and local agencies; collaborate with Social Equity as necessary.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources management, organizational development, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred) and a minimum of ten years of relevant experience performing human resources functions (to include: classification and compensation, recruitment and selection, employee relations, benefits coordination, labor relations and professional development training) and a minimum of five years of supervisory experience.
Instructions for Applying: Applicants must complete an online application and upload a resume and cover letter. All applications must be submitted through the online application system. Mailed, emailed or fax application materials will not be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment criminal background checks.