Productivity Project Manager (Manager 190)
Position Summary: Cheyney University of Pennsylvania invites applicants for the position of Productivity Project Manager to work with the Executive Team to improve the University’s market position and to achieve financial growth. This position will define long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify, implement and executive plan for business opportunities and negotiate and close business deals. This person is expected to have extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
• Manages and leads the Productivity Project efforts through coordination across programs and functions to drive a fully integrated approach to deliver a significant improvement to the cost competitiveness and structure of the University.
• Provides integrated direction, management and leadership in the administrative and business planning, budgeting and automation efforts of a portfolio of major projects impacting on multiple, strategic core functions and components across the University. Manages all aspects of highly complex and visible project (s) and /or programs, for the advancement of the University. Develops business cases/cost benefit analyses. Establishes detailed project/program plans. Identifies and coordinates all necessary resources. Project/Program leader for cost productivity efforts at the University.
• Works closely with the leadership team to drive a culture of operational excellence.
• Defines and follows project management methods, procedures and establishes clear metrics for assessing progress.
• Balances workload, provides technical and analytical guidance and work direction to project teams, including scheduling, assignment of work, reviews of project efforts, and identification of roadblocks which inhibit project success. Coordinate with the functional management for resources required to complete tasks.
• Ensures that project teams have the tools and training required to perform effectively. Provide the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project performance.
• Identifies potential areas for improvement in current project management methodologies and provide coaching to project team members, functional and business managers.
• Helps project leads assess variances from the project plans, budgets and schedules. Develops and implement changes as necessary to ensure that improvement efforts deliver results within time, cost and quality objectives, and keep visible to management.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of five years of successful experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Instructions for Applying: Applicants must complete an online application and upload a resume and cover letter. All applications must be submitted through the online application system. Mailed, emailed or fax application materials will not be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment criminal background checks.