Assistant Director of Scholarships and Grant Management - Student Financial Services (SUA 2)
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania seeks applicants for an Assistant Director of Scholarships and Grant Management to provide a variety of financial aid support and services to students. The Assistant Director acts as a significant support for the Director and Associate Director of Student Financial Services. The incumbent will be responsible for the effective management of the University’s scholarship programs as well as the State grant programs.
• Interpret and implement federal, state, institutional and private funding according to regulations and guidelines.
• Responsible for the processing and reconciliation of all PHEAA State grant programs including special programs such as PATH, Ready to Succeed, EAP and Chafee.
• Responsible for the processing of non-PA State grant programs.
• Responsible for the processing of Keystone Scholarships, Cheyney University restricted and unrestricted scholarship programs and outside scholarship programs.
• Responsible for cross departmental coordination to ensure effective management of the University’s scholarship program such as: methods for communicating with potential donors, transmittal of donations, communicating and reporting to current donors, appropriate accounting of scholarships funds, determining the recipients of an established award when applicable, and maintaining appropriate files and records in full compliance with the requirements of the donor and are within the provisions of all laws and regulations applicable to the expenditures by charitable organizations.
• Provide monthly Title III Time & Effort Reports and Quarterly Reports per grant guidelines, and attend Title III project meetings each semester.
• Responsible to work with the Comptroller’s Office to coordinate coding of scholarships to ensure data integrity and reconcile appropriate accounts monthly.
• Assist with financial aid packaging during the fall and spring semesters, and responsible for the collection of paperwork and processing of summer aid applications and scholarships.
• Maintain the Student Financial Services website.
• Oversee the Federal Work Study program – allocating and monitoring funds according to federal regulations, as well as overseeing the distribution and collection of mandatory working documents.
• Oversee the Data Imaging process.
• Assist with financial aid presentations on campus and FAFSA workshops as needed.
• Assist in the development of packaging philosophy, policies, procedures, goals, objectives, and initiatives.
• Counsel students and/or parents concerning all aspects of financial aid programs.
• Provide service to all students, employees, and the public with patience, personal respect and civility
• Maintain a working knowledge of the laws, rules, regulation and guidelines relative to all financial aid programs through webinars and professional conferences.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required; minimum 3 years of experience in student financial aid, experience with Powerfaids and Powercampus systems.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must complete an online application and upload a resume and cover letter. All applications must be submitted through the online application system. Mailed, emailed or fax applications materials will not be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment criminal background checks.